Roulette is the simplest yet most fascinating game of chance that is extremely popular worldwide especially when it comes to making a huge amount of money. The easiest rules of this game make it suitable for those who want to learn and excel in it.
The objective of this game is to guess the number that the ball will land on once the roulette wheel has stopped spinning. Sounds easy right? Let’s discuss everything that you need to know to start making smart bets at the roulette table.
What’s the first thing to do?
The first thing you need to do is buy chips. Each player gets different colours so the dealer knows who each chip belongs to before each spin decide where you want to place your bets.
The roulette table is split into two sides i.e. inside and outside bets. The table always has a minimum bet usually $5 and it’s the same for the inside and outside but there’s one important difference when you are betting on the inside. You can spread out your $5 over as many different bets as you want, but when you bet the outside bets, you have a minimum of $5 each.
There are lots of ways to make inside bets.
- If you bet on a single number and win, it pays 35 to 1.
- If you want to bet on the number but can’t reach it on the table, just throw your bet to the dealer and tell them what number you want.
- You can also bet on a number that someone else has already bet on by putting your chip right on the top of theirs.
- You can bet two numbers at the same time by putting your chip on the line between the two. It’s called a split bet and pays 17 to 1.
- You can bet the entire row of three numbers by putting your bet on the line that separates the inside and outside. It’s called betting a street and pays 11 to 1.
- You can also bet on four numbers at the same time by putting your chip on an intersection. That’s called a corner and pays 8 to 1.
By far the most famous bet on the roulette table is red or black. It pays even you even money. You can also bet on whether the number will be odd or even that pays even money too. You can bet on the first or second halves of the field to win even money or bet on 12 numbers at a time to win two to one on your bet. Betting on the columns is a different way to bet 12 numbers at a time and it also pays a new one.
The House Edge
In roulette, the casino has an advantage because of the green on the wheel. European wheels also available in North American casinos have just one 0 while traditional American roulette has a 0 and double 0. Unless you are betting on the 0, all wagers lose when the ball lands on the green.
Read more: How to Play Casino Card Game?